Wigan GP practice back on track after watchdog inspection
Dr D Pal and Dr M Pal
Wigan GP surgery has impressed health watchdogs by making improvements to patient safety since its last inspection.
A Wigan GP surgery has impressed health watchdogs by making improvements to patient safety since its last inspection. Dr D. Pal and Dr M. Pal, based at Golborne Health Centre, has been rated as “good” across the board by the Care Quality Commission despite missing the mark during a visit last year. Staff at the surgery, which is run by Dr Dharam Pal and Dr Madhu Pal, have been commended for bringing services up to scratch from the “requires improvement” rating and meeting industry standards in all five categories of inspection.
The visiting panel concluded in a report released this week: “At the last inspection in May 2018 we rated the practice as good for the key questions effective, caring and responsive; and requires improvement for safe and well led. “The overall rating was requires improvement. “This was because the practice did not ensure care and treatment was provided in a safe way to patients. “There were not effective systems and processes to ensure good governance in accordance with the fundamental standards of care. “At this inspection, we found that the provider had satisfactorily addressed these areas.” Medical and support staff at the Kidglove Road centre were praised in particular for the way that they dealt with their staff with “kindness and respect” and in a “timely manner”.
During the inspection in May 2018, concerns were raised that not all of the systems in place to manage patient safety were “adequate”. CQC inspectors requested that the practice produce a report to explain how the practice would address its concerns. Following the most recent visit in January - the watchdog team wrote: “The practice provided care in a way that kept patients safe and protected them from avoidable harm. “Patients received effective care and treatment that met their needs.
“Staff dealt with patients with kindness and respect and involved them in decisions about their care. “The practice organised and delivered services to meet patients’ needs. “Patients could access care and treatment in a timely way. “The way the practice was led and managed promoted the delivery of high-quality, person-centre care.” Read more at: https://www.wigantoday.net/news/health/wigan-gp-practice-back-on-track-after-watchdog-inspection-1-9579898Wigan GP practice back on track after watchdog inspection Dr D Pal and Dr M Pal is inside Golborne Health Centre Rachel Howarth Email Published: 16:51 Wednesday 06 February 2019
Some fantastic Friends and Family comments from 2018
- Excellent care from Dr Pal and team
- Nurse very helpful advise
- Appointments available fairly quickly
- Prompt friendly and efficient
- Satisfied with the service provided
- Always been very satisfied
- Very satisfied
- Understanding and compassion
- Excellent service from the Doctor, and the staff on the reception desk
- I have been with Dr pal for twenty years
- So many are busy surgeries with different doctors its more personal and Mrs pal has been so good treating all my health issues
- Reception person very nice and doc excellent.
- The Dr gives you time and is considerate
- The Practice is small, there is no problem with getting an appointment. Dr Pal is an excellent doctor.
- We always get satisfaction about any issues discussed with Dr Pal. We find her easy to talk to helpful and takes an interest in what one is saying also she acts quickly
- When the need arises with hospital appointments. A good doctor in our opinion
- Good practice and will try to fit u in when necessary if they can
- Safe are pleasant helpful and the doctor always compassionate and professional
- I would tell people how good the doctor is
- Did not have to wait long to see the doctor in and out did not have to wait for an appointment.
- Staff friendly and very helpful Doctor listens to your problems
- Seen quickly. Surgery clean and tidy. Receptionist polite and efficient
- DR (Mrs) Pal has always reassured me, listens to me, takes me seriously and show compassion, empathy and sympathy and understanding. Brilliant GP.
- Dr Pal receptionist fitted me in at short notice. I called in advance to say I was stuck in traffic and was still seen although 20mins late. Dr Pal was was caring, listened to my needs
- My entire family has been under the care of Dr Pal and we have all been treated with care and respect. Mrs Pal saved my life and I will always be thankful to her forher level of care. Yes, sometimes she's running late for her appointments - but that is because you are given the time you need when you are with her that you need.
- I think she is brilliant and the most perfect doctor
- I prefer a smaller practice. Seeing the same GP regularly is a plus.
- I have the best doctor she always there for me always helpful
- Because I know my doctor and she always listens to me and you get 100% attention to any problems I may have.
- The practice was really helpful and caring during my brothers terminal illness last year. Particularly the receptionist who ensured that our prescription were available from the chemist for him. And she was generally a really good source of communication between us and Dr Pal.